Long time no blog (exactly a week, wow). I’ve been busy. The Christmas season can do that even to a semi-hermit like me. I’m at work now, and I just came from a four-day weekend, and that four days seem like a blur of lights, roads, and the cramped insides of PUVs. Friday midnight saw me and the wifey, who just came from their office party, in Makati having the most difficult time commuting. Despite the late hour, people were still on the streets like it was still rush hour. It was already past 2 a.m. when we got home. Slept, then up again by 6 a.m. for another appointment, and then home again by 11 p.m. It was madness.
Anyway, the long weekend:
- Wifey and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary (yey!)
- Watched the kiddo’s dance recital at her school
- Scored Transmetropolitan vols. 9 and 10 at marked down prices at Planet X Comic Shop in Glorietta 4, and Satellite Sam vol. 1 at Powerbooks in Glorietta 3
- Finished reading Book Six of Preacher (time now to score physical copies of this awesome graphic novel)
- Read Warren Ellis’ weird-ass City of Silence
- Four movies: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, The Forest, The End of the Tour, and Spectral
- Watched Ep. 8 of Gotham and the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead
- Checked out Ayala Triangle’s “Festival of Lights” with the girls
- Three-hour me-time at Makati CBD while waiting for the wifey to emerge from her office party. Hopped from one store to another, had dinner at Yoshinoya, and drank strong-ass coffee at Starbucks on Paseo de Roxas to keep me awake afterward
- Skipped a reunion with high school classmates in Libis
- Scored an office chair because why not?
- Pigged the fuck out
And then it’s Monday and I’m back at the office and the regular scheme of things.
Playlist: Nirvana – Bleach; Ben Folds Five – Whatever and Ever Amen