Taken from the walkway connecting Farmer’s Plaza to Gateway Mall at the Araneta Center on Friday night, hours after it was lit up in a ceremony attended by beauty queens and, ugh, Vice Ganda. Standing there, soaking up the night, I wished I was drunk. Or at least tipsy. I really felt like celebrating something that night. Guess I was lonely. It happens.
It was a sober kind of weekend. Me and the girls didn’t even go out. We just stayed at home and enjoyed each other’s company. The highlights:
- Finished watching third season of Black Mirror
- Started watching Gotham Season 3
- Watched Ep. 6 of Undeclared (Adam Sandler as guest!)
- Finished reading Book 2 of 100 Bullets
- A Coen brothers movie: Burn After Reading
- Biked for 19.72 kms
- Dropped by D__’s place, some chitchat, first time with the sun up, and sans beer
- Watched the Pacquiao-Vargas bout on cable (boring fight, methinks. Bob Arum was the true winner)
So there. Another weekend over. I still haven’t seen Dr. Strange, and I kind of miss the company of friends.
Playlist: Nirvana – Incesticide; The Damned Things – Ironclast; Third Eye Blind – Third Eye Blind