I guess the highlight of the weekend was this parent-teacher education seminar the wifey and I attended on Saturday morning. It was about the “Montessori” way of teaching vs. the traditional way, and it was a highlight because, though I’m not fond of attending seminars or meetings or what have you especially on Saturday mornings, this one had me feeling good afterward. As we filed out of the auditorium, I kept thinking, My wife and I may not be earning as much as we want, but at least our collective pay allows us to send our kid to a decent school with a specialized, student-friendly method of teaching. Makes all the sacrifices worth it.
Anyway, stuff that went down over the weekend:
- Finished watching Black Mirror (two seasons plus a Christmas special)
- Watched eps 5,6 and 7 of Luke Cage
- Episode 2 of Westworld
- Significant progress in Ryu Murakami’s In the Miso Soup (from over 30% last Friday, to 66% Sunday night, according to my Kindle)
- Gerry’s Grill lunch with the family (I was so full I could hardly move afterward!)
- Scored Iron Man and Suicide Squad shirts at Robinsons
- Kiddo’s second salon haircut in her seven years
- Survived a storm
And then it’s Monday again. Time to earn my keep.
Playlist: Tigertailz – Blast; Toad the Wet Sprocket – Dulcinea; Alice in Chains – Black Gives Way to Blue; Green Day – Revolution Radio; Hardline – Human Nature